It is important to us at steveworks to promote sustainable building practices (a.k.a., green) and to run our business in the same manner. Our goal is always to lead by example and and to “walk the talk”. For this reason we have switched our web site host to Canvas Dreams. Take a look below at their philosophy and you’ll understand why we switched hosts.
It has always been the policy of Canvas Dreams to ensure our practices are environmentally responsible in accordance with our philosophy of sustainability.
“As a Web hosting business we are keenly aware of the environmental impact caused by our industry, including the manufacturing and use of computer hardware and network infrastructure, the continuous draw of electricity, and our day-to-day business operations.
“We are committed to continual improvement of our company’s environmental impact through the following processes:
- The use of 100% new, renewable, locally-generated wind energy to power our facility
- Research and development of new technologies that are more energy efficient and whose manufacturing results in less waste
- A pro-active telecommuting policy that has reduced the impact of staff commuting by up to 90% in recent years
- Participation in certified e-cycling for responsible waste stream management
- Planting one new tree in the local community for every customer that signs up for service
- Providing education for our customers and vendors to demonstrate environmental responsibility and effect positive change within their lives and businesses
- A sustainability path of metrics, review, to continue improving on all of our programs and policies as administered by a third-party analyst”
Canvas Dreams remains committed to minimizing our environmental impact and ensuring all of our business decisions and actions are in alignment with this Environmental Policy.