Now Hiring a Residential Remodeling Project Manager
Are you passionate about sustainability, the craft of building, and contributing to a thriving organization? Looking for work that aligns with your values? Join the team at steveworks!
steveworks is a family-run company located in Newton, MA and working in the surrounding area. We are transitioning to become a worker-owned co-op. We are seeking a Project Manager/Estimator with at least 5 years of residential construction and management experience to join our team. The Project Manager manages and directs tasks of all crew members and subcontractors on site to ensure productivity, quality, and safety.
The Project Manager is responsible for clear and effective communication, customer satisfaction, material take-offs and orders, supervising and scheduling subcontractors and crew, inspections and paperwork. The PM will support our Estimator in developing scopes of work and estimates and will eventually take over as Estimator. While the Project Manager is primarily a ‘toolbelt off’ role, we expect the PM to be in the field most days
If you take pride in your work, believe in our principles and enjoy a fun atmosphere where you are part of the family then apply today.
About Our Company
steveworks is a Triple Bottom Line company, committed to People, Planet, and Prosperity. Our residential remodeling projects exemplify craftsmanship, durability, value, and sustainability. We currently work in the near Boston suburbs. We believe supporting our employees, clients and the environment are integral to the success of our company and community. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and creating a team that makes you want to come to work every day!
Project Manager Required Skills and Experience
- effective communication skills with clients, crew, subcontractors and management
- experience running a crew, scheduling subs, standing inspections
- comfort with email communication, spreadsheets, estimating software and technology in general
- effective problem-solving & ability to plan ahead
- understanding of principles of sustainability, building science, advanced framing, air sealing, water management, and weatherization techniques
- ability to calculate material takeoffs & order materials
- budgeting and time tracking; reporting to management
- track record of running a safe, clean, efficient job site
- ability to take initiative when needed and show good judgment
- ability to lead a job site team that is cohesive, mutually respectful, and works well together
- OSHA 10 certification
- RRP & Massachusetts CSL a plus
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, year-round hourly position with a pay range of $32-40/hour depending on experience. steveworks offers a comprehensive health insurance policy for employees, including family coverage, Health Reimbursement Account, a 3% 401(k) contribution, generous paid vacation and holidays, paid sick leave, and a tool allowance.